Poverty to Prosperity - Growing Small Farms in Latin America
When you partner with Pontis, you equip and empower poor farmers in Latin America. Your support brings the Pontis Sustainable Agriculture Program to local communities. You can help more people build better crops, enterprise farms, stronger families, and generations free from poverty.
Small Farm Education and Assistance
- Start and finish with families
- It's all about relationships
- Grow small farms and their associated businesses
- Teach less chemical dependent farming methods
The Pontis Program:
- Pontis Sustainable Agriculture Training Program
- Regional Model Farm Training Centers
- Program-integral micro loans to start cash crops
- (future) Land ownership program
Plantains, a key cash crop in the Pontis program, spring forth small, children plants at their base. These are the next generation.
In much the same way, when you support Pontis education, you provide prosperity, free from poverty, for generations to come.
Latest News from Latin America
- Managua: Although Nicaragua has been in unrest with international travel and almost all tourism coming to a halt, Pontis Executive Director Leck Heflin continues to be in country committed to continuing the Pontis mission of providing sustainable farm education to the very poor. Leck keeps a smile on his face coming through customs on his...Read More »
- OMETEPE: The Pontis technicians trained in 2017 and sent into the field in 2018 continue to provide education. Although classes, like this one earlier in the year, are not possible in Ometepe, the Pontis technicians visit farms and continue to teach, mentor, and care for families. Since the protestors roadblocks were shut down almost 2...Read More »
- Managua: In April of this year a series of protests started in Nicaragua against the government. Since that time hundreds have died and much of the country’s economy has come to a slowdown. This has caused a series of challenges to the Pontis team. Please pray for the people of Nicaragua, the Pontis team, and...Read More »
Get involved with Pontis
He who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will supply and multiply for sowing and increase the harvest of your righteousness.
2 Corinthians 9:10
Thank you for Growing Farms and Families
P.O. Box 136368
Fort Worth, TX 76136
Note on Non-Profit Registration: Pontis Nicaragua is part of Pontis Inc. a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization (IRS EIN 75-2869201). Donations to Pontis Inc are tax deductible in the US.