Poverty to Prosperity - Growing Small Farms in Latin America
When you partner with Pontis, you equip and empower poor farmers in Latin America. Your support brings the Pontis Sustainable Agriculture Program to local communities. You can help more people build better crops, enterprise farms, stronger families, and generations free from poverty.
Small Farm Education and Assistance
- Start and finish with families
- It's all about relationships
- Grow small farms and their associated businesses
- Teach less chemical dependent farming methods
The Pontis Program:
- Pontis Sustainable Agriculture Training Program
- Regional Model Farm Training Centers
- Program-integral micro loans to start cash crops
- (future) Land ownership program
Plantains, a key cash crop in the Pontis program, spring forth small, children plants at their base. These are the next generation.
In much the same way, when you support Pontis education, you provide prosperity, free from poverty, for generations to come.
Latest News from Latin America
- MATAGALPA: Pontis is pleased to announce the purchase of a well drilling rig. In this photo, Leck Heflin closes the deal with Farrell Burton, Director of the Hope Project in Nicaragua. Leck Heflin said about the drill project, “Our Well, Water, and Irrigation program is key to expanding farmers’ options to grow throughout the year....Read More »
- OMETEPE: Last week tropical storm Nate pounded Nicaragua with significant damage to crops throughout the region. Pontis farmers saw up to 30% of their plantain trees blown over and ruined. But tropical storms are part of farming in Latin America and Pontis Sustainable Agriculture addresses how an enterprise farm business stays strong through tough times. Teaching farmers...Read More »
- MANAGUA: It may look like a boring letter but this is the official notification that Pontis is a registered NGO in Nicaragua. It’s a BIG DAY for Pontis. As the Pontis mission and team grow, it is necessary to be fully registered with the Nicaraguan government. The process took over a year to accomplish. Registration...Read More »
Get involved with Pontis
He who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will supply and multiply for sowing and increase the harvest of your righteousness.
2 Corinthians 9:10
Thank you for Growing Farms and Families
P.O. Box 136368
Fort Worth, TX 76136
Note on Non-Profit Registration: Pontis Nicaragua is part of Pontis Inc. a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization (IRS EIN 75-2869201). Donations to Pontis Inc are tax deductible in the US.